What should we wear?
- Choose outfits that are your style and make you & your family feel good about yourselves!
- Avoid skin tone garments
- Select a couple of outfits for each family member
- Don't be matchy-matchy. Select outfits that compliment each other and consider a bit what colors are in the areas of your home where your new portraits will hang.
- Do not wear glasses that darken in sunlight
- Avoid cropped tops and short shorts
- Try to avoid shirts with large graphics or wording
- Gals, be mindful when choosing undergarments so they will not be visible
- Don't wear rubber flip-flops! Bare feet are better if need be!
- Don't show up with a sunburn
- Be sure to try on everything before your session to avoid any last minute suprises, such as stains, tears, snags, size issues.
- Lay out all clothing selections. Don't forget to select accessories! Be sure shoes are clean and don't look worn.
- Iron clothing and check for stray threads and pet hair.
- Be sure nails are clean and trimmed or manicured. This goes for you too, guys !
- If you will be wearing nail polish, be sure it's not chipped and is a color that will coordinate with all your outfits.
A special note for guys...
- Try to get hair trimmed no sooner than 1 week prior to your session
- If you will be shaving, do so close to the time of your session, but allow enough time for your skin to "calm", avoiding redness and