What to wear and other tips
Deciding what to wear to school everyday is a delima, but now, how do I determine what to wear for my portraits?
Here are some suggestions that will help you make those selections!
- Choose outfits that are your style and make you feel good about yourself
- avoid skin tone garments
- Select a variety of outfits from casual to formal (Prom dresses make great portraits)
- Do not wear glasses that darken in sunlight
- Other than a formal dress, avoid strapless tops or cropped tops
- Be mindful when choosing undergarments so they will not be visible
- Don't wear rubber flip-flops. Bare feet are better.
- Try to avoid tan lines and don't show up with a sunburn!
- Be sure to try on everything before your session to avoid any last minute suprises, such as tears, snags, size issues.
- Lay out all clothing selections. Don't forget to select accessories! Be sure shoes are clean and don't look worn.
- Iron clothing and check for stray threads and pet hair.
- Be sure nails are clean and trimmed or manicured. This goes for you too guys!
- If you will be wearing nail polish, be sure it's not chipped and a color that will coordinate with all your outfits.
A special note for guys...
- Have fun with accessories as well! Hats, bow ties, suspenders, fun jackets or vests, and crazy colorful socks can add extra "pop" and
"personality" to your portraits!
- Try to get hair trimmed no sooner than 1 week prior to your session
- If you will be shaving, do so close to the time of your session, but allow enough time for your skin to "calm", avoiding redness and